Mosman Art Gallery is a dedicated public gallery established by Mosman Council. Established in 1998, the Gallery enjoys an enviable reputation for excellence in its program of visual art exhibitions, associated events and education activities. Admission to the Gallery is free.
The 'home of Australian art and innovation', Mosman Art Gallery is a leading cultural institution within Sydney that aims to be a place of connection with both the visual and performing arts, offering our visitors valuable experiences which enrich and inspire, through our exhibitions, art collection and programs.
The Gallery features five dedicated exhibition spaces and additional venues for hire for community functions or events.
The Gallery is located at the corner of Art Gallery Way (formerly Short Street) and Myahgah Road, Mosman, a suburb of Sydney, Australia.
Derived from local, national and international sources, the exhibition program covers the visual arts, craft and design, including historical and contemporary themes and subjects.
Exhibitions are accompanied by a program of gallery talks, seminars and formal lectures for general visitors, students and arts professionals.
If you would like to visit the Gallery as a group, guided tours are available.
The Gallery is open 10am to 5pm, 7 days a week. It is closed between exhibitions and on public holidays.
The Gallery is part of the Mosman Art Gallery and Community Centre.
In its former life the Centre was a Methodist Church designed by Burcham Clamp and Walter Burley Griffin, and built in 1915.
In 1998 the building was opened to the public after adaptive design work by the architect Hugh Fraser.
While the building retains its original architectural integrity and beauty it has been lovingly refurbished to provide outstanding exhibition facilities, function rooms and a Grand Hall.
Mosman Art Gallery is available for hire by individuals, community groups or business enterprises. It is a perfect venue for corporate functions, product launches, meetings, weddings, parties and receptions.
- Winner of the RH Dougherty Award 2016 for Innovation in Special Events - Bungaree's Farm
- Highly Commended in the 2016 National Local Government Awards - Promoting Indigenous Recognition (for Bungaree's Farm)
- Overall National Winner of the 2015 Museum and Galleries National Awards for Bungaree’s Farm
- Winner of the 2015 Museums and Galleries National Award for Indigenous Project or Keeping Place
- Winner of the 2014 IMAGINE Award for Outstanding Contribution by a Staff Member (Volunteer)
- Highly Commended in 2013 IMAGINE Awards for Collection Management
- Highly commended in 2013 Museums and Galleries National Award for Exhibition
- Winner of 2013 Museums Australia Publications and Design Award
- Highly Commended in 2012 IMAGINE Awards for Exhibitions and Public Programs
- Winner of 2012 NSW Local Government Art and Cultural Award for Festivals and Events
- Winner of 2011 Local Government Cultural Award for Aboriginal Cultural Development
- Winner of 2011 Museums and Galleries National Award for Exhibition