Experienced artists are invited to join notable Australian artist Peter Gardiner for a master class in oil painting. Peter Gardiner is known for his outstanding oil paintings drawn from his personal experiences of the Australian landscape. Peter will guide the process of working with his unique painterly technique to assist participants to build on their skills and develop the visual language of their work. This workshop is suitable for art school graduates.
Maximum 10 students. Strictly one booking per student.
Artists to provide own art materials.
Art Material List
- 2 x medium sized MDF or similar painting boards, pre primed with gloss or satin white paint (NO flat matt paint or gesso)
- Oil paints
- Textured objects to manipulate the paint - Sponges, rubber ,plastics ,rags , woven fabrics, foam, wood anything that sparks your imagination
- Rags, Turps or similar for clean up
- A3 sized cartridge sketchpad
- Willow and compressed charcoal
- Any other drawing media - pastels, graphite etc…
Bookings essential and includes morning tea.
Featured image - Peter Gardiner, Rhinoceros (Detail), 2014