Each year the Artists of Mosman: 2088 exhibition features a diverse range of recent artworks produced by artists living and working in Mosman as well as members of the Mosman Art Gallery.
Mosman’s unique location, surrounded by stunning harbour foreshores and beautiful bushlands has inspired generations of artists since the late 19th century. Tom Roberts and Arthur Streeton were among a number of artists who painted the area from camps at Mosman Bay and Little Sirius Cove. They established an artistic tradition which has been upheld by scores of artists, writers, and poets ever since. Other prominent artists who have been closely associated with Mosman over the years include Margaret Preston, Nancy Borlase, Ken Done, John Caldwell, Imants Tillers and Kerrie Lester.
As Mosman continues to attract and inspire its artistic community, many of their creative responses can be seen in the annual Artists of Mosman: 2088 exhibition. The exhibition includes painting, drawing, printmaking, textiles, photography, sculpture and ceramics, and many of the works are for sale.
Call for entries
Artists living in Mosman postcode ‘2088’ and members of the Mosman Art Gallery are encouraged to submit artworks to the annual Artists of Mosman: 2088 exhibition. This outstanding group exhibition showcases the wealth of creativity of our region, through a range of recent artworks in diverse art media.
Entries are accepted in the following art media: painting, drawing, printmaking, textiles, photography, sculpture and ceramics.
ARTWORK REGISTRATION DAY
Friday 18th March, 2011, 10am – 6pm
Mosman Art Gallery
Conditions of entry
- To be eligible you must be a resident of Mosman, or a financial member (Friend), or a Volunteer of Mosman Art Gallery.
- Artists must complete and present an Exhibition Registration Form for each artwork submitted, with a maximum of 2 works per artist.
- All works submitted for exhibition must have been produced after 1 January 2010.
- All works submitted are subject to a selection process based on merit and the limitations of the Gallery space.
- Works selected for exhibition must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition, from 26 March – 21 April, 2011.
- Artworks can be submitted in the following media: Drawing, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Ceramics, Glass, Jewellery and Textiles.
- All works submitted must be framed or prepared for hanging or, in the case of 3D works, suitable for display on exhibition plinths.
- All works are for sale unless clearly marked NOT FOR SALE. A commission of 33% shall be deducted from the selling price of any work sold by the Gallery. Should GST apply to the sale of your artwork, please ensure it is included in the total selling price.
- All works must be submitted on Friday 18 March, 2011 between 10am and 6pm.
- Notification about selected and non-selected works will be available at www.mosmanartgallery.org.au after 5pm, Wednesday 23 March and by post.
- Works NOT SELECTED for exhibition must be collected on Thursday 31 March, or Friday, 1 April, 2011 between 10am and 5pm.
- Works SELECTED for exhibition must be collected on Thursday, 21 April 2010, 1pm – 6pm.
- Works not collected at the stated times can only be collected by making an appointment with the Gallery administrator on (02) 9978 4178.
- All works sold will be retained for collection by the purchasers.
- All works must be clearly labelled with name, address, contact number, title of work, media, date produced, and price including the Gallery’s commission and GST if applicable.
- While the Mosman Art Gallery takes all reasonable care with artworks submitted for this exhibition, it does not insure them against damage or theft. This is the responsibility of the artist.
- Mosman Art Gallery reserves the right to photograph works exhibited in Artists of Mosman: 2088 for documentation, archives and promotion. All necessary acknowledgments of authorship will be made.