Entries are now open for the 2019 Mosman Art Prize.
Established in 1947, the Mosman Art Prize is Australia's oldest and most prestigious local government art award. It was founded by the artist, architect and arts advocate, Alderman Allan Gamble, at a time when only a small handful of art prizes were in existence in Australia and the community had very little support and few opportunities to exhibit their work.
As an acquisitive art award for painting, the winning artworks collected form a splendid collection of modern and contemporary Australian art, reflecting all the developments in Australian art practice since 1947.
The exhibition will take place between 11 September - 27 October 2019.
- Mosman Art Prize (major acquisitive prize) - $50,000
- Margaret Olley Commendation Award supported by Gillian and the late Brian Jones - $6,000
- Allan Gamble Award supported by Christine and the late Hugh Fraser - $3,000
- Guy Warren Emerging Artists' Award (under 35) supported by Fourth Village Providore - $2,000
- Viewers’ Choice Award supported by Mosman Art Society - $1,000
The 2019 Mosman Art Prize will be judged by internationally acclaimed artist and former Mosman Art Prize winner Guan Wei.
Receipt of Entries: Monday 26 August, 8am – 7pm.
All artwork must be delivered to the Gallery on this day.
You must read the Terms and Conditions and the Frequently Asked Questions before submitting your online entry form;
Entry forms must be completed online prior to the receipting day. CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE ENTRY FORM.
To find out more about the history of the Mosman Art Prize click here.
For enquiries please contact Jane Gillespie on 02 9978 4178 or email@example.com