One of annual highlights on the cultural calendar for the Mosman community is the Artists of Mosman: 2088 exhibition. This exhibition is an excellent survey of the region's thriving artistic community and includes works created by Mosman residents as well as Friends and Volunteers of Mosman Art Gallery. The resulting large group exhibition shows contemporary artworks across the mediums of painting, drawing, printmaking, textiles, photography, sculpture and ceramics. Inevitably many of the artists draw inspiration from Mosman's natural beauty: its beaches, harbour bays, coves, headlands and beautiful bushlands.
Artists of Mosman: 2088 continues the rich tradition of art-making which has been upheld by scores of artists, writers and poets throughout the 20th century to the present day.
2017 Artists of Mosman Exhibition Conditions & Criteria
- All registration forms must be completed and submitted on-line prior to artwork receipting day at the Gallery on Tuesday 31 January 2017 between the hours of 10am and 6pm. Artworks must be brought to the gallery with two copies of the printed registration form.
- A maximum of two artworks can be submitted. Works for wall display must be presented ready for hanging – either with frames or stretched canvas and mounted with hanging devices such as D-rings.
- All works submitted for exhibition must have been produced after 1 January 2016.
- All works submitted are subject to a selection process based on merit and the limitations of the Gallery space.
- Works selected for exhibition must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition, from 11 February – 5 March 2017
- All works are for sale unless clearly marked NOT FOR SALE. A commission of 33.3% shall be deducted from the selling price of any work sold by the Gallery Should GST apply to the sale of your artwork, please ensure it is included in the total selling price.
- To be eligible to submit works for this exhibition, entrants must currently reside in the suburb of Mosman (postcode 2088) or be a current Friend of the Gallery.
Register here: https://mosmancouncil.wufoo.com/forms/artists-of-mosman-2088-registration-2017/